P L A N T I N G D E S I G N A N D I N S T A L L A T I O N
We work closely with our clients to provide customized naturalistic planting designs and knowledgeable plant installations for new gardens or garden enhancements.
We use our knowledge of plant growth rates and habits, in addition to your preferences for color, form and budget, to create a design that matches the garden you want to be in! We understand the importance of soils, light requirements, and water availability and can suggest plants that work well with your localized conditions.
Whether you are looking to change just a small portion of your yard or your entire garden, we can provide a planting design that will bring four seasons of garden interest to your outdoor spaces while providing a healthy addition to the local ecosystem!
T H E C R E A T I V E P R O C E S S
1 \ Client Meeting and Information Collection
• We begin with an on-site meeting to hear your garden goals and preferences.
• We take photographs and detailed site measurements and assess the soil, light, and water conditions so that we can create a design that builds on the specific conditions of your space.
• An initial garden drawing is created and approximate budget for project provided.
2 \ Preliminary Design and Discussion
• We provide you with detailed plant design and layout, as well as images and illustrations of proposed look/feel of designed garden.
• We meet with you to review the Preliminary Design and revise as needed.
3 \ Installation and Garden Care
• Once the details are confirmed and the design is approved we are able to provide a final estimate and detailed timeline for proposed work.
• A great garden is installed!
• Follow-up visit 8 weeks later (if not using L&S for regular garden care) to check on garden health and advise on care strategies.