COME JOIN US!
POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Gardener
HIRING NOW FOR POSITIONS STARTING LATE FEBRUARY/ EARLY MARCH
LEAF AND SPADE is seeking curious, hard-working individuals who are interested in creating gardens that bring nature back to residential spaces. If you enjoy digging in the soil and making a positive impact on the natural spaces around you, we would love to work with you!
Based in Oak Park, LEAF AND SPADE is a small business that specializes in the design, installation and care of gardens in Chicago and the Near West Suburbs. The Gardener position will work with the Head Gardener & Founder in installing and caring for gardens. We use a plant-forward approach that envisions a garden as a healthy place for people and pollinators and provides beauty for our clients throughout each of the four seasons.
We foster an atmosphere of continual learning, collaboration and care. We want both the gardens we install and the environment in which we work to be healthy and enjoyable places.
Important Job Qualifications
1. We need you to be curious, self-motivated and an enthusiastic learner. You don’t need to know everything, but you must be interested in learning skills and applying them.
2. Basic understanding of garden tools and methods.
3. We work with high-end clients who expect professionalism. Courtesy, punctuality, honesty and thoughtfulness are essential at all levels of our business.
4. As gardeners, our jobs require physical bending, lifting, reaching, etc. Must be able to comfortably lift 40 lbs.
5. Daily care for co-workers, tools, vehicles, etc.
Our team is strong because of the way we treat our tools, our clients, and each other.
6. Strong communication skills. We rely on each other and it is important to be able to communicate needs and goals.
7. Reliable transportation to/from work. Our office is conveniently located 1.5 blocks from the Blue Line in Oak Park.
8. Flexible scheduling.
Flexible hours, Up to 24 hours/week
Work hours are weekdays (typically between 8am-5pm)
LEAF AND SPADE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.
If you are curious about being a part of our great small business, call or email for more info!
Get in Touch
This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content.